On rare occasion, you may experience performance issues with network-related services such as WiFi, cellular, Bluetooth, or even Lightning/USB-C peripherals. This can happen after one or more iOS/iPadOS updates as previous settings made by the system can these updates. To mitigate these issues, you may want to reset network settings.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app from your Home Screen.
- Choose the General option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to locate the Reset option.
- Choose the Reset Network Settings option.
- You will be prompted since this will remove stored network passwords and could require that you pair to Bluetooth devices again.
- Once you agree, your network settings will be reset.
If you are still experiencing issues, you may want to Delete and Reinstall OnSong which can also correct update-related issues.