OnSong is a chord chart reader, not a chord chart provider. We however have added many resources and different ways to add content into OnSong, which is pretty simple. Ways like Dropbox, the internet, Google Drive, email, SongSelect, etc. If you go into OnSong > Tap Songs > All Songs > Tap the mini share icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this menu > Import...you can find the import options there.
If you want to import from pretty much anywhere using Safari, you can do so by using the Add To OnSong extension. To learn more:
Add To OnSong is a Safari Extension that can import chord charts from chord chart websites, lyrics from lyrics websites, and any supported file format from the web. http://onsongapp.com/docs/features/formats/
1. Make sure that you are running iOS 8 or higher
4. Open the action menu by tapping on the icon that looks like a square with an arrow.
5. To add the Add To OnSong extension, swipe to the right and tap on "More".
6. Turn on the switch next to the extension and drag it to the top if desired. Tap done.
(^ these steps are just for initial setup, you do not have to do this each time)
To import from a website:
1. Open Safari and search for a song.
2. When you are viewing the song you want, tap on the "Share" icon in the menubar.
3. Tap on the "Add To OnSong" icon to queue the song for import.
4. Continue doing this until you've found all the songs you are looking for.
Here is a shortlist of sites, that some of our users found that work well with this:
We are continuing to make this feature more and more powerful in a way that is in compliance with the letter and the spirit of copyright law to benefit all musicians.