While you shouldn't have to restart your iOS device, it is sometimes a necessary step. You may need to reboot your iPad, iPhone, or iPhone touch when there are issues between iOS and the apps you are using, or if there are problems installing apps. It's really easy.
- Tap on the home button on your device, or swipe up on devices without a home button to return the home screen.
- Press and hold the power button on the top (iPad) or side (iPhone/iPod Touch) of the device until a red slider appears.
- Slide the slider to the right to shut down your device.
- Wait about a minute as your device powers down.
- Press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Sign in to your device and resume your activity.