Note: Keep in mind that OnSong can't provide support for connecting MIDI devices to iOS or specific MIDI hardware such as keyboards, vocal effects processors and guitar effects pedals. We recommend contacting hardware or software vendors you use to determine what MIDI needs to be sent.
MIDI is a feature of OnSong Premium that allows you to integrate MIDI-enabled devices in OnSong. it turns OnSong into a powerful, context-aware MIDI controller for completely automating your stage presence. While you're only limited by your imagination, and budget, you could do some of the following:
- Connect to wired MIDI devices, join network sessions over WiFI, or connect to MIDI devices over Bluetooth.
- Send MIDI events when you view a song, or when you switch sections to adjust your patches and effects on your instrument or pedal board.
- Listen for incoming MIDI events and perform hundreds of actions in OnSong like changing songs, switching sections, and more.
- Listen for incoming MIDI events from other software or instruments and automatically load lyrics or charts.
- Listen for chords that you play on a keyboard to insert those chords into the song editor.
- Manage complex MIDI events as "Globals" and assign those to songs to change characteristics in one place.
- Playback chords in the song to a MIDI instrument for running dynamic pads.
- Control MIDI-enabled devices to change lighting sequences, sound mixer scenes, and more.