Updates are performed by the App Store so OnSong has no control over the process. During the update process, the icon on the home screen will dim and a circular progress indicator will appear. Touching this icon during this process will pause and resume the download/installation process. If the installation process becomes stuck, you can try the following:
- Before you get started, do not delete the app unless you have a backup of your OnSong library. Your OnSong library may be stored inside the app bundle so deleting the app could delete your OnSong library.
- Ensure that you have a good Internet connection and then tap on the app icon on the home screen to pause and then tap again to resume the installation process.
- Open the App Store app from the home screen and tap on the Updates tab. You should have better control of the installation and loading process here. Try stopping the update and restarting.
- Try downloading another free app. This can sometimes resolve Apple ID authentication issues that can cause other app updates to stall.
- Restart the iPad or iPhone. You can do this by holding the power button until the red slider appears. On devices that use the power button for Siri press and hold the top volume button and power button. Slide the slider to shut down. Once the screen goes completely dark, press and hold the power button until the device starts again and shows the Apple logo. Then repeat the update process.
- Contact Apple App Store Support for assistance with App Store update issues.